March 6, 2008

I do believe in God

But...
  • God does not tell me my religion is the only "true" religion and the only way to reach Him.
  • God does not tell me to be intolerant with other people believes.
  • God does not tell me I should make everyone believe in what I believe.
  • God does not tell me to be intolerant with other sexual orientations.
  • God does not tell me we did not evolved from monkeys.
  • God does not tell me I should ignore scientific facts.
  • God does not tell me to blindly follow believes and give up my reasoning.

People do!

And I don't trust people.
Specially people that "speak God's words".
God does not need people to speak for Him.

2 comments:

  1. True, I agree with everything you said.
    And one insightful video as well. However, the link between your text and the video you posted is too loose (on the surface).
    True, God is the avatar of hate for many self-called 'righteous people'. It's amazing the fact that being stuck in belief makes you forget your own beliefs altogether. They say: "my God says you shouldn't kill! Because you can't accept his mercifulness, you shall die! At the request of my God!" and that is what's wrong.
    Could the decline of violence be caused by decline of religion? Or by the decline of intolerance and of superstitions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is where I am hinting at.

    ReplyDelete